‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success

Модератор: Nadya

‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success

Мнениеот Beni_68 » Сря Апр 10, 2019 12:58 pm

‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success in Sofia
10/04/2019

http://www.gymnastics.sport/site/news/d ... dNews=2435

Bulgarian superstar Neviana Vladinova is hoping her vibrant new Ribbon and Ball routines will herald a return to her glory days of 2017 as the Rhythmic Gymnastics 2019 World Cup series heads to her hometown of Sofia on 12-14 April.

Two years ago, Vladinova smashed even her own wildest expectations by winning World Cup gold in the Individual All-around, Ball, Ribbon and Hoop events, as well as silver in Clubs in front of a delirious crowd in the Bulgarian capital. And, after missing last year’s competition, the 25-year-old is ready to reach for those heights once more.

“I want to make all the finals and to win some medals, that is my target,” Vladinova said. “The reason I am working is because I think I can win more medals, if I am healthy. It is difficult, there are so many good gymnasts fighting for the top but if I do everything right in my exercises I can beat them.

“It was like a dream in 2017, actually I don’t think I had ever dreamt it would be like that. It felt like I was some princess, I had all the medals, the crown, everything for me.”

While the modest Vladinova insists that the level of competition has risen dramatically in the past two years, she is hopeful a pair of fresh routines can help her produce something similarly special.

“This year I love my Ribbon and my Ball (routines), I like the music, the compositions,” she said. “The Ribbon is different for me; it’s good to doing something new. It’s a little more *, if I can say that. It’s more dancey and has more energy.”

Train like a winner
Such news should serve as a warning to the rest of the field. Vladinova has long been one of the most consistent performers on the global stage. A veteran of four World Championships, the Bulgarian followed up a bronze in the Ball event in 2017 with a silver in the team event at last year’s championships. That result, achieved again in front of the passionate Sofia crowd, marked the first team medal for Bulgaria in 17 years. And Vladinova hopes such efforts will inspire the next generation to take up her beloved sport. According to her, the recipe for success is a straightforward one.

“It is a lot of practice, all day you have to practice. You have to be patient and you have to love the sport. And then you need to be musical, have a good ear for music, have good rhythm, good co-ordination – but these are things you can practise and get better at.

“I train all the elements every day. I start with balance and then do two apparatus in the morning, have a break and then the other two in the afternoon. We do the (individual) parts a lot and then the whole routine again and again without mistakes. It is repetition.

“I don’t get bored, it’s my passion. I feel good when I do it.”

Throw in regular aerobic fitness work, at least an hour of stretching per day, and time focusing on mental strength and you get some idea of the commitment needed to compete at the very top. It is something the woman who finished seventh in the All-around at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games wants the wider public to understand, and perhaps even appreciate.

“People don’t know that we practise all day and that it is difficult and hard,” Vladinova said. “They see just one minute and 30 seconds and they don’t know that we have trained all year for that 1:30.”

Hoop has been a hindrance
Vladinova reached 12 individual World Cup finals last season but won just one medal – a silver in the Ribbon event in Minsk, Belarus. The Bulgarian knows that in order to put that right and to ensure, starting with her home World Cup, that she climbs on to the podium more often she must face her nemesis.

“The Hoop is really difficult for me,” she said. “But I am practising it a lot. You have to master so much, throwing and catching and moving.”

Vladinova is also aware that a phalanx of rivals, including Israel’s Linoy Ashram, winner of All-around silver at the 2018 World Championships, the up-and-coming Italians Milena Baldassarri and Alexandra Agiurgiuculese and Russia’s eight-time World Championship medal winner Aleksandra Soldatova, are all ceaselessly striving to reach the top, too.

All five will be relishing the chance to grab the spotlight in Sofia, particularly with the all-conquering Averina twins not taking part. Between them, Dina and Arina Averina won five golds and two bronze medals at the last year’s World Championships and are undoubtedly two of Gymnastics’ biggest stars. But their absence in Bulgaria opens the door for the rest and Vladinova for one, cannot wait to push right through it and get going.

“I love to compete in Sofia, I love the atmosphere,” she said. “After not competing last year I am very, very nervous; well, not nervous, more excited.”
Beni_68
Световен шампион
Световен шампион

Re: ‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success

Мнениеот sirius » Сря Апр 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Beni_68 написа:[b]‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success in Sofia
“People don’t know that we practise all day and that it is difficult and hard,” Vladinova said. “They see just one minute and 30 seconds and they don’t know that we have trained all year for that 1:30.”

Oh really? :wink:
Аватар
sirius
Gymnastics Expert
Gymnastics Expert

Re: ‘Princess’ Vladinova eager for more Rhythmic success

Мнениеот PoliM » Чет Апр 11, 2019 11:36 am

All five will be relishing the chance to grab the spotlight in Sofia, particularly with the all-conquering Averina twins not taking part. Between them, Dina and Arina Averina won five golds and two bronze medals at the last year’s World Championships and are undoubtedly two of Gymnastics’ biggest stars. But their absence in Bulgaria opens the door for the rest and Vladinova for one, cannot wait to push right through it and get going.

Това просто... :? :? :?
Аватар
PoliM
Gymnastics Expert
Gymnastics Expert

Назад към Статии и интервюта